Data Science UA is a service company with strong data science and AI expertise. Our journey began in 2016 with the organization of Kyiv’s first technical data science and AI conference, setting the foundation for our growth. Over the past 7 years, we have diligently fostered the largest Data Science Community in Western Europe, boasting a network of over 30,000 AI top engineers.
About the client:
Our client is the leading digital and marketing solutions provider for the electrical industry. Drawing on extensive understanding of the marketplace, they create valuable connections and unique business opportunities, operating as a local partner at the core of the global electrical industry, primarily serving electricians, wholesalers & manufacturers.
Their purpose is to inform, educate and reward our 635,000 electro-technicians to unlock their full potential, with their ultimate goal being to support advancement of the electrical industry and transform lives. They do this by providing the latest news, insights, trends, rewards initiatives and training to enable them to solve complex electrical project challenges.
The company is currently undergoing an exciting period of transformation with an expanded digital product portfolio including innovative IT, software & data solutions serving the top electrical manufacturing and wholesaler businesses.
Backed by world-renowned electrical manufacturing corporations including Schneider Electric, Signify, ABB & Nexans and headquartered in Geneva with offices in Heidelberg, London, Milan, Stockholm, São Paulo & Kyiv.
They are looking for a Senior Data Engineer/Data Analyst at who will play a critical role in managing and analyzing large datasets to derive actionable insights and support decision-making. You will collaborate closely with business stakeholders and other engineering team members to optimize data processes and implement machine learning models that drive innovation and efficiency.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data engineering or data analytics.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Deep technical understanding of data architectures, ETL pipelines, and data warehousing principles.
- Strong proficiency in Python programming, strong hands-on experience in SQL and Database technologies (BigQuery/MySQL).
- Proficiency in working with Google Looker Studio or other data analysis tools.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and experience in applying ML techniques is highly recommended.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluency in English.
Nice to have:
- Commercial experience with GCP.
- Experience working in E-commerce and Digital Marketing fields.
- Experience with additional programming languages or data tools.
- Prior experience in a leadership or mentorship role.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and reliable data pipelines to support data ingestion, processing, and analytics.
- Develop and implement reporting dashboards and data visualizations in Google Looker Studio for business intelligence.
- Create algorithms that identify patterns in structured data. Be able to leverage standard machine learning techniques to analyze large datasets and uncover hidden patterns, correlations, and insights.
- Partner with different business stakeholders and internal clients to ensure the collection of data in accordance with model standards.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity by implementing robust data validation and testing methodologies.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in data technologies and propose upgrades or improvements to existing systems.
- Mentor junior team members and contribute to the development of best practices within the team.
- The company is very much an International environment with a multicultural, diverse employee base.
- The culture is defined by their employee’s desire to provide value to their customers to achieve their goals and, in so doing, help shape the future of the business.
- You will be a core part of the data driven business transformation of the industry-leading loyalty program.
- The company provides a friendly team working environment with many great opportunities to learn and develop on the job.
- The company employees are a hard-working, passionate, goal-oriented group of people who pride themselves on building great customer relationships.
- The office is conveniently located in the center of Heidelberg and London with free drinks like coffee, tea, water and soft drinks.
- Also, fruits and sweets are provided for free.
- The team enjoys lunch with console sessions and table kicker. Flexible remote working is also part of the company’s employee friendly culture.