Head of Engineering (Germany/UK/Eastern Europe)
We are Data Science UA, and we are a fast-growing IT service company. We are proud of developing the Data Science community in Ukraine for more than 6 years. Data Science UA unites all researchers, engineers, and developers around Data Science and related areas. We conduct events on machine learning, computer vision, intelligence, information science, and the use of artificial intelligence for business in various fields.
About the client:
Our client is the leading digital and marketing solutions provider for the electrical industry. Drawing on an extensive understanding of the marketplace, they create valuable connections and unique business opportunities, operating as a local partner at the core of the global electrical industry, primarily serving electricians, wholesalers & manufacturers.
Their purpose is to inform, educate and reward our 635,000 electro-technicians to unlock their full potential, with our ultimate goal being to support the advancement of the electrical industry and transform lives. They do this by providing the latest news, insights, trends, rewards initiatives, and training to enable them to solve complex electrical project challenges.
The company is currently undergoing an exciting period of transformation with an expanded digital product portfolio including innovative IT, software & data solutions serving the top electrical manufacturing and wholesaler businesses.
Backed by world-renowned electrical manufacturing corporations including Schneider Electric, Signify, ABB & Nexans and headquartered in Geneva with offices in Heidelberg, London, Milan, Stockholm, São Paulo & Kyiv.
The company is looking for a Head of Engineering to help the business accelerate the journey toward becoming a more data-centric business. This entails establishing ’data’ as a company asset and, initially, leading our distributed engineering team in the quality implementation of a new marketing tech stack.
- Strong leader with excellent planning and execution skills.
- Management and mentorship for a team of 10 engineers.
- Team development to ensure quality end products.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders and the product team to define the Tech strategy and evaluate delivery plans.
- Previous working experience in software design and architecture and developing customer-orientated platforms dealing with the integration of in-house and 2nd party platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in leading big data and analytics products.
- Experience in digital marketing platforms (email campaigns, contact management, CMS, CRM) as well as Google Cloud Platform.
- Experienced in Agile methodologies.
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Recommending technological developments and improvements.
- Engineering or similar degree.
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors.
- As a plus: experience with ActiveCampaign marketing automation, Drupal CMS, and Google cloud solutions (function, data flows, BigQuery).
- Fluent in English.
- The company is very much an International environment with a multicultural, diverse employee base.
- The culture is defined by their employee’s desire to provide value to their customers to achieve their goals and, in so doing, help shape the future of the business.
- You will be a core part of the data-driven business transformation of the industry-leading loyalty program.
- The company provides a friendly team working environment with many great opportunities to learn and develop on the job.
- The company employees are a hard-working, passionate, goal-oriented group of people who pride themselves on building great customer relationships.
- The office is conveniently located in the center of Heidelberg and London with free drinks like coffee, tea, water, and soft drinks.
- Also, fruits and sweets are provided for free. The team enjoys lunch with console sessions and table kicker. Flexible remote working is also part of the company’s employee-friendly culture.
Location: Germany/UK/Eastern Europe