Setting up a working environment is an inevitable part of Data Scientist and Data Engineers routines.
The AWS ecosystem eliminates most of the heavy lifting, but there are still several aspects that you need to consider.
In this talk we’ll go through several common routines from day to day work and consider possible automations/cost optimization opportunities.
We will talk about this in a lecture given by Taras Slipets – Senior Data Engineer at FlixBus. Active member of AWS Cloud, Data Engineering communities and speaker at international conferences.
We will discuss:
- Typical Data Science tools
- Local and cloud setups – pros and cons
- AWS SageMaker and SageMaker Studio payment model
- Largest expenses types and their reduction
- Heavy-lifting tasks automation and monitoring
- Out of the box options and potential custom implementationsReady-made solutions
Presentation is primarily interesting to Data Scientists, ML and Infrastructure Engineers, As well as to anyone works with AWS SageMaker ecosystem.
Duration: 60 minutes + Q&A
Date and time:
12 of July, 19:00 EEST (UTC+3)
Buy tickets here: bit.ly/3HLdlqg
80% of the proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to charity to the Serhiy Prytula Foundation.